PrinterPrinter @ Refab session
September 13, 2010fablab, fabricationrefab, repstrap
During Fab6, the international fablab conference, the printerprinter has been presented during a session on ‘refab’ at the fablab Amersfoort. Results of the workshop, presentation slides etc. can be found on the wiki. The workshop resulted in a set of ‘house rules’ for refab in fablabs (but they equally apply to work in whatever lab you’re making stuff):
- bring your own stuff, take your own waste
- be efficient with your design and materials (limit your waste)
- be efficient with your tools (hand tools are handy too)
- make it modular, upgradable, repairable, recyclable!
- make sure you know the material you are working with
- contribute your errors and mistakes (document!)
- mark what your thing’s made of (document!)
- reuse what you can find!
- build stuff to last